Manchester City on Saturday qualified for the fifth round of the FA Cup (FA Cup) with a goal in the final minute by the Argentine right back Pablo Zabaleta against Stoke City.
The reigning English champions, who had never won in their six previous visits to the home of Stoke City, dominated the game and couldhave had an early lead, but the shot of Spanish midfielder David Silva crashed into the post.
Zabaleta broke the tie, initiating and finishing the scoring play in the 85th minute on what was an all Argentinean setup.
The Argentine back recovered a ball in defense gave the ball to Silva, who went on a quick counterattack in depth to Sergio Aguero. The Albiceleste striker, put a ball down the left and crossed into the area, where Silva failed at first to finish, Zabaleta did behind him with his right foot.
- Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta (2nd L) celebrates his goal against Stoke City with Edin Dzeko (L) Sergio Aguero (2nd R) and a fan. Photo: REUTERS
- Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross (L) challenges Manchester City's David Silva. Photo: REUTERS
- Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov reacts was forced to leave the match with an injury. Photo: REUTERS
- Stoke City's Ryan Shotton (R) challenges Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov. Photo: REUTERS
- Stoke City's Jonathan Walters (R) challenges Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta. Photo: REUTERS
- Stoke City's Ryan Shotton challenges Manchester City's Carlos Tevez (R) during their FA Cup fourth round soccer match. Photo: REUTERS
- Manchester City's manager Roberto Mancini watches as his team plays Stoke City. Photo: REUTERS
- Ground staff clear snow off the pitch before Stoke City's FA Cup fourth round soccer match against Manchester City. Photo: REUTERS
- Pablo Zavaleta finished an all-Argentinean attack on a give and go from Tevez and Aguero to give City the win. Photo: Getty Images
- Edwin Dzeko, of Manchester City, reacts after missing a scoring opportunity. Photo: Getty Images