They are two heated divisional rivals meeting in the NFC Conference Championship in Century Link Field. It promises to get even more tense after the Seattle Seahawks refused to sell tickets to San Francisco 49ers fans.
The Seahawks are trying to make sure the 49ers fans don't take over the infamous '12th Man' for the gme this coming Sunday.
How is that possible? The news site sfgate.com, is reporting that the Seattle Seahawks website has blocked the sale of tickets, which will begin Monday, to fans in California. Prices range from $44 to $48,000.
Seattle has limited the sale of tickets to only six states in the United States: Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii as well as the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta.
The site will not accept credit cards from any of the other states in the country, forcing fans to buy tickets from resale sites like StubHub.
- The 2013-2014 NFL Conference Championships are now in place between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers and the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos. Here is how the four teams made it there: Photo: Especial Terra/Getty Images
- In the NFC, Marshawn Lynch ran for 140 yards in 28 carries for two touchdowns, Steven Hauschka hit three field goals and the Seattle Seahawks stuffed Drew Bees and the New Orleans Saints 23-15. Photo: Getty Images
- Seattle shut out the Saints in the first half as Lynch has his first 100-yard game since Week 10 of the regular season. He also got help from a brief return by Percy Harvin before he left the game with a concussion. Lynch scored on a 15-yard run in the first half and sealed the win with a 31-yard touchdown with 2:40 remaining in the game. Photo: Getty Images
- Once again, Lynch humiliated the Saints in the postseason. Of course, the run lacked the explosiveness of his infamous 'beast mode' touchdown in the 2010 playoffs. Regardless, he ensured that Seattle did not become the latest no.1 seed to fall in the divisional round. Photo: Getty Images
- Their rivals will be the San Francisco 49ers after Colin Kaepernick threw for a touchdown and rushed for another in the 23-10 win over the Carolina Panthers to reach their third consecutive NFC Championship Game. Photo: Getty Images
- Anquan Boldin had eight receptions for 136 yards and Fran Gore rushed for 84 yards as the 49ers advanced en route to consecutive Super Bowl apearances. Photo: Getty Images
- The 49ers made the game a nightmare for Cam Newton, who had two interceptions and was sacked four times. In the first half, they stopped the Panthers twice on the one-yard line. Photo: Getty Images
- In the American Conference, LeGarette Blount lead the Patriots to a third consecutive championship game. The running back scored four touchdowns as New England avoided another Andrew Luck comeback in the 43-22 win over the Indianapolis Colts. Photo: Getty Images
- Blount scored on three 2-yard runs in the first half before escaping for a 73-yard run in the second half before gently placing the ball on the ground. He finished with 166 yards in 24 carries. Photo: Getty Images
- In the following series, Luck three his third interception of the night and the Patriots scored on a Stevan Ridley run to ice the game. Photo: Getty Images
- Their rivals will be the Denver Broncos after Peyton Manning threw a touchdown pass to Wes Welker for the team to avoid another early playoff exit with a 24-17 win over the San Diego Chargers. Photo: Getty Images
- The Broncos dominated the gamefor the first three and a half quarters before Philip Rivers capitalized on an injury to cornerback Chris Harris Jr. to mount a comeback. This time, however, Manning, was able to hold on to the lead. Photo: Getty Images
- After just 18 yards rushing in their last game against the Chargers, this time the Broncos had 133 yards, including 82 from Knowshon MOreno who also had a 3-yard touchdown run to make the score 24-7 with to go. Photo: Getty Images