december 26, 2012 • 06:43 PM
Alessandro del Piero says contract issue is almost resolved
Alessandro del Piero is committed to returning to Sydney FC. Foto: Getty Images
Former Juventus and Italy striker Alessandro Del Piero suggested Wednesday that his contract situation with Sydney FC could be resolved soon and that he's not overly concerned by the issue.
The club and Del Piero's management team, including brother Stefano, are believed to be negotiating terms for the optional second year of his two-year contract.
There had been speculation the 38-year-old Del Piero would leave the last-placed Sydney FC at the end of the A-League season.
Del Piero told reporters Wednesday that "everything is clear for me and the club ... the contract, it's not a stress here for me."
Sydney FC has only three wins in 12 matches this season. The Sky Blues take on league-leading Central Coast Mariners on Thursday.