- With 49 out of 51 possible points, Barcelona remains atop La Liga after a 3-1 win against Valladolid.
- Espanyol got its first win with Javier Aguirre as head coach, beating Depor 2-0.
- Granada surprised in Pamplona, where they beat Osasuna 2-1.
- Atlético Madrid suffered, but edged Celta 1-0.
- Real Madrid practically let its title slip away with a 3-2 loss to Malaga, leaving them 16 points behind Barcelona already.
- After more than two months without a win, Mallorca winally beat Real Betis in Sevilla 2-1.
- Valencia woke up at home and beat Getafe 4-2.
- Rayo Vallecano whiped Levante 3-0 at Vallecas.
- Real Sociedad took advantage of Sevilla (2-1) in Anoeta.
- Zaragoza traveled to Bilbao, where it beat Athletic 2-0.
With 49 out of 51 possible points, Barcelona remains atop La Liga after a 3-1 win against Valladolid.