Barcelona vice president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, responsible for the sporting area, revealed yesterday some of the themes as the team prepares for the next season. Bartolomeu attended the pgoram, La Porteria, and talked among other things of Barcelona's interest in signing Neymar.
"Neymar needs to take the next step forward and say he wants to leave Santos. At that moment, Barcelona will be there to try and sign him, because that's something the managers have asked for. It would be the starting point for many clubs, because half the clubs in the world want him," said the administrator.
When it comes to replacing Victor Valdes in goal, Bartomeu believes it will be hard to change the player's mind if he truly wants to leave Camp Nou.
"We have to work hard to find a replacement. Victor will always have the door open if he wants ton continue. Also, I have the impression that we will not find anything better in the market. But, he's an inteligent guy and when he makes a decision....the club has not talked to anyone else,' he signaled.
The Barcelona vice president confirmed that in the next hours a team from the club, including Sandro Rosell, will visit Tito Vilanova in New York and, if possible, talk about the future of the club. As part of that future, Bartolomeu still believes David Villa will be with the team next season.
"The managers want Villa to stay next season and more to come, but we will not keep a player who is uncomfortable," concluded the administrator.
- Last year, Brazilian tabloids were reporting that actress Bruna Marquezine was going out with Santos star Neymar. This photo of them together circulated on the internet. The couple have finally confirmed the rumors were true. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- Marquezine attended the Santos vs Paulista match on Sunday Feb 10th which practically confirmed the relationship with the Brazilian star. Photo: youtube.com
- The next day, Neymar confirmed his relationship with the actress during a carnival event. "We're together and I am very happy," said the 21-year old. Photo: xpock.com.br
- Bruna, who is a celebrity in Brazil participated in carnival and was in a carriage of one Samba school. Photo: Twitter: @brunamarquezine
- She talked about her relationship with Neymar moments later after he confirmed their relationship. Photo: xpock.com.br
- She wore this spectacular dress during the parade at the 'Sambodromo' Photo: mundodeportivo.com
- Marquezine is an actress of Brazilian network TV Globo Photo: TV Globo
- She is currently guest starring on a soap opera called 'Salve Jorge' that appears on primetime TV in Brazil. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- 17-year old Marquezine is more than 3 years younger than Neymar. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- The rumors about their relatinship started when media reported the couple went together to a concert of Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- At the time, the actress had denied the romance with the Brazilian international saying she was single. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- Neymar also denied the rumors through his twitter account but close friends were saying he was in love with Marquezine. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- At 21 years of age Neymar already has a one-year old son from a relationship with a childhood girlfriend. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- Even though she is under 18, Bruna is already seen as a sex symbol in Brazil. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine
- Marquezine has been an actress with TV Globo since she was a little girl. Photo: Twitter: @BruMarquezine