Real Madrid captains Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos, denied, as did club president Florentino Pérez, an ultimatum to coach Jose Mourinho, who has their support in a statement released by the club.
"At a meeting on Tuesday with the president and CEO of the club it was never raised any ultimatum from us regarding our coach," said Casillas and Ramos, who deny the information published by Spanish daily Marca.
"As captains of the squad and members of a professional and excellent group of players, we categorically reject the use of our names and the rest of the squad to support of an information that we label as false in its entirety," they added.
Real Madrid captains issued a statement to make clear that they are with Mourinho and that at no time they have told the club’s executives that in June the Portuguese coach leaves or the most important players will ask for their transfer. "We want to show our support to our coach, Jose Mourinho, to whom we owe the greatest respect," they added.
"Finally, we wish to communicate to the members and fans of Real Madrid our unalterable conviction that only through the unity of all the Real Madrid family we’ll overcome, as always, all the challenges that we face each season. Hala Madrid!,” concluded the statement.
- Jose Mourinho, the self proclaimed Special One, was in charge of Real Madrid from the 2010-11 season through the end of this campaign, as club president Florentino Perez announced in a press conference Monday that the two-time Champions League-winning coach would not return to Madrid next season. Since taking over the Merengues, the Portuguese coach has been involved in several controversies, resulting in his leaving the team. Here is a recap of Mourinho's antics during his run. Photo: Getty Images Win a trip to the U.S.-Mexico qualifier
During his first campaign, Mourinho left out midfielder Pedro León for a Champions League match against Auxerre. Mourinho's explanation was that Pedro León was not Zidane or Maradona. Pedro León ended being tranferred to Getafe.
Photo: Getty Images
Portuguese Soccer Federation wanted Mourinho to be temporary coach of Portugal´s national team after Carlos Queiroz was fired. Real Madrid directive did not allowed Mourinho to go to Portugal and although he respected Real Madrid´s decision, he didn't seem happy with the club's decision.
Photo: Getty Images
- Before a Copa del Rey match against Murcia, Mourinho complained about the lack of passion of Real Madrid fans."It is necessary a Bernabeu stadium with a better environment. We are winning against Atletico 2-0 and fans are too calm, the players deserve a little better. I cannot ask that Bernabeu is the same as San Siro, but it should have a hotter environment," he said. Photo: Getty Images
- After Sporting de Gijón lost a game against Barcelona, Mourinho criticized Gijon coach Manuel Preciado and said he was trying to favour Barcelona. Preciado replied saying Mourinho was a skunk. Both coaches later made peace and became friends. Photo: Getty Images
- During a group stage match against Ajax and already qualified to the knockout stage, Mourinho adviced Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso to get carded on purpose to erase the cumulative yellows for the knockout stage. UEFA fined Real Madrid with 20 thousand euros and Mourinho with 10 thousand. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho constanly complained to La Liga saying they tried to favor Barcelona with a better calendar to make them champions. "They want to finish the league next week," he said once. Photo: Getty Images
- His claims also went to UEFA and accused the organization of favoring Barcelona with the refereing during the Semifinal matches bewtween both teams where defender Pepe was expelled and Real Madrid ened being eliminated. Photo: Getty Images
- One of Mourinho's biggest wins in Madrid was the exit of Jorge Valdano from the sports director position. President Florentino Pérez eliminated that position in the club's structure and gave total control of the team to Mourinho. Photo: Getty Images
- One of the most talked about incidents happened when Mourinho poked then assistan coach Tito Vilanova in the eye, during a scuffle in Spanish Supercup final. Later in press conference, Mourinho said he didn't know any 'Pito' Vilanova. Photo: Getty Images
- At the beginning of the 2012 season, Mourinho doubted Sergio Ramos profesionalism and accused him of not being 100 per cent in his job due to his actions outside soccer which is rumored to have created a tension with the squad. After being benched Sergio Ramos commented: "I don;t know if it was a punishment or tactical matter, he question is not for me. I can only say that family matters I solve them behind closed doors." Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho has been in a permanent conflict with Madrid's youth team coach Alberto Toril. "He must decide if it's more important to be in fourth place in second division or help us. There are players who play in positions that don't exist in the first team," Mourinho complained after reminding that the first team and the youth teams don't have similar styles. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho touched Real Madrid's most sensitive fiber after benching captain and icon Iker Casillas as a technical decision. Fans completely opposed to Mourinho's decision. The Portuguese argued that Casillas has ben in a comfort zone and that needed to recover his ambition. It has been rumored Mourinho's has taken this decision with the purpose of getting fired. Photo: Getty Images
- To everyone's surprise, Mourinho's fellow Portuguese Pepe came to Casillas' defense publicly, earning him a rebuke from the coach and a seat on the bench for Real Madrid'as last two matches, including the Copa del Rey final. Worse still was that Raphael Varane was injured, opening a spot for Pepe, but Mourinho still refused to play him after his apparent betrayal. Photo: Getty Images
- These battles, and the Champions League semifinal loss to Dortmund, appeared to sap the fight from Mourinho. He began to drop not-so-sublte hints that he would prefer to coach at Chelsea, his next-to-last stop before Madrid. Finally, after losing the Copa del Rey in stunning fashion to Atletico Madrid Friday, club president Florentino Perez announced in a press conference Monday that the coach would not return for a fourth season. Photo: Getty Images