Maradona's personal life, once again, is characterized by conflict as it has been since divorcing his wife Claudia Villafane.
The former Argentinean national team manager has taken over magazines and gossip shoes after his ex-girlfriend Veronica Ojeda told a television station that he abandoned her when she found out she was pregnant.
Ojeda shared the details of her eight-year relationship with the Argentinean idol, which ended in 2012 after she became pregnant with Maradona's son, who was born in February.
The woman confessed, also, that she had been expecting twins but one did not form, which added to the pressure coming from the jealousy of Maradona's daughters, who always encouraged his dad to not acknowledge any other kids.
Of the four kids the soccer player has had before little Diego Maradona was born,he only recognized his two older daughters, Dalma and Giana, whom he had with his ex-wife Claudia Villafane, who still represents him despite their divorce.
Regarding Diego Maradona Sinagra, 27, and Jana Maradona, 16, both born from relationships outside his marriage, the former manager has only recognized them when obligated by the law, but has never interacted with them.
That seems to be the fortune awaiting his latest son, who Ojeda recounted, crying, she had to carry and take care off alone with Maradona living in Dubai. He has only visited once, last month, for a couple hours. She did recognize that Maradona has registered the kid under his name, although she still plans to take legal action since he has not payed child support in two months.
Meanwhile, Dalma and Giannina have mocked Ojeda on social media and warned that they will not recognize their half brother or have a relationship with him, like they haven't with Diego's other illegitimate children.
Ironically enough, Giannina sued her own ex-husband today, sergio Aguero, for not taking care of their son, Benjamin.
"Since Sergio and I seperated in October he has not done anything for Benjamin! I didn't go cry on television," she wrote on her Twitter page.
- Argentine soccer great, Diego Armando Maradona, became a facther for the fifth time after his ex girlfriend, Verónica Ojeda, gave birth to Diego Fernando close to midnight on Wednesday. Here at Terra we tell you how Diego Jr. came to the world and list all the family members of the Maradona family. Photo: Getty Images
- Maradona himself announced Ojeda was pregnant, 7 months ago, but was close to not recognize his son due to pressure from some family members, especially from his only 2 legitimate daughters, Dalma and Gianinna, and his former wife, Claudia Villafañe. Photo: Getty Images
- After several weeks of a confrontation magnified by the media, Ojeda and Villafañe agreed to avoid verbal agressions, but Maradona's daughters posted several comments criticizing Ojeda. Photo: Getty Images
- The baby boy weighed 3,200 kilograms, according to Jorge Auruccio, Ojeda's lawyer, who also said that by the doctor's advice, the birth performed in advanced, after it was programmed for February 27th. Photo: Getty Images
- Auruccio said that Maradona, who separated from Ojeda after he found out she was pregnant, will send written his recognition as a father through the Argentine embassy in United Emirates. Photo: Getty Images
- Diego Armando Maradona was the fourth child, and the first boy of Diego Maradona Sr. (in photo) and Dalma Salvadora Franco. He has two younger brothers, Hugo and Raúl, who also played professional soccer. Photo: Getty Images
- Diego Sr. is still alive, but Maradona's mother, known as 'Doña Tota' died of heart disease on November 20th, 2011, at 81. Photo: Getty Images
- Maradona was married to Claudia Villafañe between 1989 and 2003. She filed for divorce after more than 13 years together. Photo: Getty Images
- Diego had two daughters with Villafañe, Dalma Nerea (born on 1987) and Giannina Dinorah (born 1989), who made him a grandfather in 2009. Photo: Getty Images
- Maradona has always said that the only children he loves are his daughtres Dalma and Giannina, even though the other three are legally his children. Photo: Getty Images
- Gianinna is married with Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, with whon she has a boy, Benjamín, Maradona's only grandson. Photo: Getty Images
- Besides the newly born, Maradona has two extramarital children, Diego Armando Jr. (in photo), conceived with Italian Cristiana Sinagra, and Jana Maradona, from a relationship with Argentine Valeria Sabalain. The court gave them the Maradona last name to both children who have 26 and 16 respectively. Photo: Reproducción Internet