A statue of Scottish manager Sir Alex Ferguson, of Manchester United, was revealed Friday in front of Old Trafford, the team's Premier League home.
Various former stars including France's Eric Cantos, Netherland's Ruud Van Nistelrooy, assisted the ceremony, organized to celebrate the managers 26-year anniversy in front of the Red Devils.
Sir Alex, who is about to turn 71, has won 12 English league titles and two Champions League with Manchester United.
Ferguson is expected to retire at the end of next season.
- Hundreds of fans were present to honor the Manchester United manager. Photo: Getty Images
- Netherland's Ruud van Nistelrooy greets former great Eric Cantona. Photo: Getty Images
- 'The King' Cantona also chatted with Denis Irwin, with whom he shared the Manchester United locker room. Photo: Getty Images
- Former 1990's stars, like Dwaight Yorke and Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, couldn't miss out on the event. Photo: Getty Images
- Solksjaer, Cantona, Yorke, Andy Cole, Van Nistelrooy and Edwin van der Sar pposed together. Photo: Getty Images
- 'Fergie''s wife, Cathy Ferguson, reveals a plaque in his honor. Photo: Getty Images
- Television presenter Eammon Holmes (right) was in charge of hosting the ceremony. Photo: Getty Images
- 'Fergie' unveils that statue dedicated to him. Photo: Getty Images
- After revealing the statue, Ferguson gave a speech. Photo: Getty Images
- The statue is located just outside of the ' Sir Alex Ferguson Stand'. Photo: Getty Images