- With the theatric style that goes alongside his great skill on the field, Zlatan Ibrahimovic continues to win the worlds attention. After shining and scoring four goals as Sweden defeated England, the website Hereis the City compiled a Top 10 list of his most controversial quotes. Photo: Getty Images
- I couldnt believe it. I was left like theres no chance, Zlatan doesnt audition, after being asked to do a test for Arsenal at the start of his career. Photo: Getty Images
- Asked what he would give his wife for their anniversary: Nothing, she already has Zlatan. Photo: Getty Images
- I dont know, but when I find her, Ill date her, about who, in his opinion, was the most beautiful girl in the world. Photo: Getty Images
- First I went to the left, and so did he. Then I went to the right, and so did he. Then I went to the left again and thats when he went to buy a hot dog, he said as he explained how he left Stephane Henchoz in his path in a game against Liverpool. Photo: Getty Images
- An injured Zlatan is a very serious thing for any team, he said about his importance in the sport. Photo: Getty Images
- He bought a Ferrari then drove it like a Fiat, said Ibrahimovic in mocking Pep Guardiola for how he used him at Barcelona. Photo: Getty Images
- (Guardiola) was looking at me and I lost my head. I thought there is my enemy, scratching his bald head. I yelled at him you have no balls and probably worse things, about his problems with Guardiola. Photo: Getty Images
- Thats when Guardiola began philosophizing. I was hardly listening. Why should I? It was some idiotic crap about blood, sweat and tearsthat kind of thing, said Ibrahimovic about the Barcelonas manager pep talks. Photo: Getty Images
- We are looking for an apartment (in Paris). If we dont find anything, Ill just by the hotel, said the Swedish striker about his move to the French capital. Photo: Getty Images
- Asked what he calls his style of soccer he simply said: Zlatan-style! Photo: Getty Images
As he continues to tear up the nets in France, PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic hasn’t let his form get to his head, acknowledging he is not prepared to be the top dog in the Sports Hall of Fame: Muhammad Ali can still go before him.
“I am the greatest!,” he said in an interview with 11Freunde. “Wait, is that even possible? All right, then I’m the greatest behind Ali!”
The Swedes dry humor has gotten him in trouble in the past, which is perhaps why he felt the need to push his maturity while talking about his career thus far.
“I’ve lived in five countries—Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and now France. I have learned to know people and cultures, it has certainly made me more mature,” said Ibrahimovic who made the move to France in 2012.
The response was in regard to rumors that Zlatan Ibrahimovic would consider a reunion with his former coach, Pep Guardiola, with whom he had a bitter relationship during his brief time with Barcelona.
“If I chose to go to Germany, it would have to be Bayern Munich,” said the striker who is open to playing in the Bundesliga. “For me, they are one of the top five clubs in the world.”