Chile's Under 20 National Team managed its third straight victory in the South American qualifying tournament for this year's U20 World Cup with a 2-1 victory over Colombia, despite playing two-men down at the end of the game.
Chile's goals were scored by Cristian Cuevas and Igor Lichnovsky, while Colombia scored through Juan Fernando Quintero from the penalty spot.
With the victory, the team from the Andean country which is coached by Mario Salas automatically qualified for the hexagonal final, the last stage of qualifying for the tournament which will be held in Turkey.
Having already defeated host Argentina and Bolivia, Chile is first with 9 points.
The qualifying tournament is divided in to two groups of five teams, with the first three teams of each groups qualifying for the hexagonal phase. In that phase, all qualified teams will play each other with the top four going to the World Cup.
- Igor Lichnovsky celebrateshis goal against Colombia in the U20 World Cup qualifying tournament held in Argentina. Photo: AP Images
- Chile continued to show that it is among the best teams in the tournament so far, having won all three of its games. Photo: AP Images
- Although they pushed hard, Colombia could not muster enough offense to tie the game. Photo: AP Images
- The victory ensures that Chile qualified for the next phase of the tournament, the hexagonal playoff. Photo: AP Images
- At the end of the game, Colombia's young players walk off dejectedly. Photo: AP Images
- Cristian Cuevas opened the scoring for Chile. Photo: AP Images