The Colombian national team became the second team qualified in the U-20 South American tournament after a 6-0 thrashing of Bolivia.
The Colombian goals came courtesy of Miguel Borja ('45, '52, '57), Juan Pablo Nieto ('51) and Jhon Cordoba ('76 and '89).
The team is second in the Group with six points after Chile, with 12, with a goal difference of +6. Against Bolivia, they outshot their opponents by 15-5 as they were finallyl able to convert on their many opportunities in the second half.
The South American team's next rival will be the hosts, Argentina, which will need a victory to qualify to the next round.
Meanwhile, Bolivia still has a chance at advancing to the next round with a victory against Paraguay in the last game of Group B.
- Colombia defeated Bolivia 6-2 in the Group Stage of the South American U-20 Tournament. Photo: AP Images
- The victory was enough for the Colombian team to secure a spot in the next phase of the tournament. Photo: AP Images
- Miguel Borja had a hat-trick for the Colombian team , all coming within a 15 minute period. Photo: AP Images
- His teammate Jhon Enrique Cordoba also had a brace as the team breezed past Bolivia. Photo: AP Images
- The Bolivian team could do little as Colombia's offense exploded in the second half. Photo: AP Images
- With the loss, Bolivia is eliminated from the competition. Photo: AP Images