Cristiano Ronaldo took to social media shortly after his Real Madrid beat rival Atletico Madrid in the Madrid derby not to congratulate his teammates on a big win but to deny a report that hasn't even been published yet, although all signs point to an alleged infidelity.
"I was informed that “The Sun” newspaper, faithful to its editorial line, will publish an article where is given voice to a so called Andressa, someone seeking the limelight on my account. And I wonder why this happens one day before a very important game for my team… Deeply outraged by a situation intended, in vain, to afect my personal life, I just want to clarify that I was in fact at the Hotel Villa Magna on April 22nd giving an interview to Manu Sainz, something the reporter himself is able to corroborate. Everything else is pure fiction and forgery."
Although, Ronaldo was referring to story that was allegedly set to run in The Sun, another English publication, The Daily Mail, published a story reporting that Ronaldo "cheated on his girlfriend with a Brazilian model going by the name of Miss BumBum" on Saturday.
Miss BumBum, not to be confused with another Miss BumBum that dated Brazilian star Romario, is Brazilian Andressa Urach, which the Daily Mail quotes extensively in its story.
For its part, England's the Sun has remained quiet about it up till now.
Whether his attempt to quash them is preemptive genius or misguided and only adds credence to the story has yet to be seen.
In the mean time, Ronaldo is racing to be declared fit for the return leg of Madrid's Champions League semifinal against Borussia Dortmund.
- Talented and controversial on the field, Cristiano Ronaldo has had a life filld with love, hate and controversy off it. With this being his 28th birthday, we present his personal life, familiar and other aspects off the field for CR7. Photo: Especial Terra
- He was born Feb. 5, 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, the youngest of four children to Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro and José Dinis Aveiro, who died in Sept. 2005 due to renal failure caused by alcohol. Photo: Getty Images
- His second name is in honor of the ex-president of the United States, Ronald Reagan, who was his father's favorite actor. His older siblings are Hugo, Elma (photo) and Liliana Cátia. Cristiano is Catholic and speaks Portugues, English and Spanish. Photo: Getty Images
- July 4, 2010, a few days after the elimination of Portugal in South Africa 2010, Ronaldo announced on Twitter and Facebook that he was the father of a child, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. He arranged with the mother that her identity be a secret and that the child remain with his father. Photo: Getty Images
- Although he has gained fame as a playboy, in actuality Ronaldo is in a stable relationship with Russian model Irina Shayk. However, no relationship is perfect, in the past year Ronaldow as rumored to have had a brief encounter with the girlfriend of Kevin-Prince Boateng, Melissa Sata. Photo: Getty Images
- His relationship with Shayk is proof of his love for models, before he started his relationship with her in 2010, Ronaldo dated English beauties Alice Goodwin and Gemma Atkinson (photo). Photo: Getty Images
- On the other side, CR7 is a consummate metrosexual, dressing in the finest suits at every event he attends, like he demonstrated at the FIFA gala in January 2013. Photo: Getty Images
- Furthermore, he's considered one of the most handsome players in world soccer and a sex symbol, who he shows when he takes off his shirt following a match, or in this campaign for Emporio Armani Jeans in 2010. Photo: Getty Images
- Another of his passions are cars, on which he's spent a fortune. He has models of the following: Audi R8 Coupé (photo), Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Ferrari F430, Bugatti Veyron cost 1.8 millon euros, Porsche Cayenne turbo, Bentley Continental GT convertible, Audi Q7, Audi RS6, Aston Martin DB9, Bmw M6 and Ferrari F350 spider. Photo: Getty Images
- In his career, he has received numerous individual awards such as the Best Player in the Premier League in 2007 and 2008, and Portuguese Soccer Player of the Year in those same years. His best season was in 2007-08 when he won the Golden Boot, Balón de Oro, and FIFA World Player in 2008. Photo: Getty Images
- Like many great athletes, CR7 advertises for Nike, which sells his shoes, and furthermore his image, as he stars in various commercials. Photo: Getty Images
- In June 2012, SportsPro said Cristiano is the fifth most bankable athlete in the world. Besides Nike, he has deals with companies like Time Force y Toyota. Photo: Getty Images
- CR7 is a protagonist, alongside the Argentine Lionel Messi, de of one of the greatest rivalries in world sport. And some of his attitudes toward the star of Barcelona, such as gestures of disgust every time he wins a prize, are precisely those that have given him much of his bad reputation, as people see him as arrogant and envious. Photo: AP
- On the other side, CR7 also has a good heart and has helped, on many occasions, people who need it the most, like the victims of a flood in Madeira in 2010, the tsunami in Asia in 2004 or the earthquake in the south of Spain in 2011. Photo: Getty Images
- He also is an active participator in promotions for Real Madrid, like 'In Christmas, No Child Shall Not Have a Toy,' in 2012. Photo: Getty Images
- On a curious note, CR7 has a wax statue of himself in Madame Tussauds in London, from his participation in the South Africa World Cup in 2010. Photo: Getty Images
- Also, Cristiano is very popular on the covers of soccer video games, like FIFA Street 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (photo) and Pro Evolution Soccer 2013. Photo: Divulgación
- Finally, he is very popular in social media, with 53,896,196 followers in Facebook and 15,810,411 on Twitter. In Aug. 2010, he reached 10 million fans on Facebook, making history as the first non-American to reach that number. Photo: Facebook