Christian Benítez missed a penalty in the last play of the game and America lost to Xolos 0-1 in the sixth round of Mexico's Liga MX.
The Ecuadorian striker had the chance to tie the game from the penatly spot but his shot went above the bar to the stands where 17,000 fans witness Benítez horrible miss.
Tijuana took the lead at the 40th minute through Argentine Cristian Pellerano who scored his first goal with the team. Then it was goalkeeper Cirilo Saucedo who had several good saves to get the clean sheet.
Saucedo saved two headers from Benítez and deflected the ball three more times to contribute greatly to Tijuana's win.
Xolos accumulate their fourth victory in the league and climbed to the second spot in the Apertura 2012 stadings with 13 points. America lost for the first time n the tournament and is currently fifth with nine points.
- Cristian Pellerano scored a great long distance goal that gave Tijuana the win. Photo: Mexsport
- Daniel Montenegro ot a yellow card for this tackle against Edgar Castillo Photo: Mexsport
- America's goalkeeper Hugo González jumps to cut a cross but clashes with Alfredo Moreno. Photo: Mexsport
- Olympic champion Diego Reyes runs past Fernando Arce and Joe Corona. Photo: Mexsport
- Christian "Chucho" Benítez dribbles a Tijuana defender. Photo: Mexsport
- Xolos celebrate Pellerano's goal Photo: Mexsport
- Xolo's Alfredo Moreno and America's Aquivaldo Mosquera dispute the ball. Photo: Mexsport
- Leandro Augusto portests to the referee after asking for a foul. Photo: Mexsport
- Daniel "Rolfi" Montenegro looks dejected after Ameroica lost to Xolos Photo: Mexsport
- Christian Benítez missed a penalty shot in the last play of the game that would have given America a tie. Photo: Mexsport
- Cirilo Saucedo had three great saves in the last minutes of the game to secure Tijuan's victory. He is congratulated by Cristian Pellerano y Pablo Aguilar. Photo: Mexsport