Morelia Monarchs failed to capitalize on their home field advantage and only drew 1-1 with Tigres UANL in the ninth match of the Apertura 2012 MX League.
Tigers had taken the lead on the scoreboard with Argentine Lucas Lobos in the 66th minute, but Carlos Ochoa managed to give his squad the equalizer fresh off the bench at 71st minute. With the tie both teams reached 13 points in the general standings.
The match was very close, but it was Monarcas who had the best threats on the net protected by Enrique Palos, who was careful to keep the goal at bay.
Tigers began the game with the ball in its possession, but the local squad gradually leveled actions and began to disturb the goal of Palos, although they lacked the tranquility to finish.
In the 18th minute, the Ecuadorian Aldo Rojas entered left and sent a cross to Miguel Sabah, Palos cut the play with a good jump.
After being stuck behind most of the game, Tigers ran into a penalty when Israel Jimenezwas brought down in the area by the Colombian Aldo Leao.
Argentina's Lucas Lobos was responsible for converting the kick and did it with power, right and below the Argentine goalkeeper Federico Vilar to make the score 1-0 and silenced some of Morelos stadium in the 66th minute.
The Morelos vibrated again with a goal from Carlos Ochoa after 71 minutes when he headed in a cross sent by Enrique Perez.
Morelia. - Federico Vilar, Enrique Perez, Joel Huiqui, Mauricio Romero, Uriel Alvarez (Carlos Ochoa, 72), Rodrigo Godinez (Jefferson Montero, 52), Carlos Morales, Francisco Torres, Aldo Leao, Joao Rojas (Rodrigo Salinas, 85) and Miguel Sabah Coach: Ruben Omar Romano.
Tigers. - Enrique Palos, Israel Jimenez, Hugo Ayala, Jose Rivas, Jorge Torres, Carlos Salcido, Manuel Viniegra (David Toledo, 76), Elias Hernandez (Jesus Duenas, 60), Lucas Lobos (Alan Pulido, 84), Damian Alvarez and Luis Garcia. Coach: Ricardo Ferretti
- Morelia salvaged a draw 1-1 after Tigres went ahead on a Lucas Lobos goal, but Carlos Ochoa secured the equalizer. Photo: Mexsport
- Luis García is fouled by Mauricio Romero. Photo: Mexsport
- Federico Vilar complains with the officials after clashing with Damián Álvarez. Photo: Mexsport
- Joao Rojas fights for the ball wit Israel Jiménez of Tigres. Photo: Mexsport
- Federico Vilar steals the ball from Lucas Lobos; Carlos Adrian Morales barely avoided clashing with the keeper. Photo: Mexsport
- Paco Torres waits for the ball under the mark of Palmera Rivas. Photo: Mexsport
- Lucas Lobos looks up to send a cross during the match against Morelia. Photo: Mexsport
- Lucas Lobos scores a penalty to put Tigres up 1-1. Photo: Mexsport
- Luis García and Mauricio Romero had a good match-up in the wings. Photo: Mexsport
- Morelia had the better options in the match but could not convert. Photo: Mexsport
- Tigres and Morelia remain tied in the general table as well. Photo: Mexsport