"I know someday I will return because English soccer means a lot to me," Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho said in a video to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the English Football Association (FA).
For the ‘Merengue’ coach, "there would not be a better place to go" than England, because in that country, "you can feel the true passion for soccer," he said.
"I enjoyed the first to the last day (in England). I do not regret the last day, because after that I was lucky to go to Italy, enjoy some success, and also to Spain, so I do not regret the day I left, "said former Chelsea manager.
The Portuguese left the 'Blues' in September 2007 and joined Inter Milan in 2008, where he coached until May 2010, when he moved to Madrid.
Mourinho, who attended the Machester United vs Liverpool match last Sunday at Old Trafford, because the ‘Red Devils’ are Real Madrid’s next opponent in the Champions League, said that "anyone who is in the world of soccer should try the experience of English football, because it is a special feeling. "
Following Mourinho's words, some British analysts have speculated about the possibility of the ‘Special One’ to return this coming summer to the English league and point to the possibility that Chelsea's Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich try to hire him for next season.
- Jose Mourinho, the self proclaimed Special One has been in charge of Real Madrid since the 2010-11 season. Since taking over the Merengues the Portuguese coach has been involved in several controversies including the latest one which is benching team captain Iker Casillas. The following is a recount of Mourinhos antics in Madrid. Photo: Getty Images
During his first campaign, Mourinho left out midfielder Pedro León for a Champions League match against Auxerre. Mourinho's explanation was that Pedro León was not Zidane or Maradona. Pedro León ended being tranferred to Getafe.
Photo: Getty Images
Portuguese Soccer Federation wanted Mourinho to be temporary coach of Portugal´s national team after Carlos Queiroz was fired. Real Madrid directive did not allowed Mourinho to go to Portugal and although he respected Real Madrid´s decision, he didn't seem happy with the club's decision.
Photo: Getty Images
- Before a Copa del Rey match against Murcia, Mourinho complained about the lack of passion of Real Madrid fans."It is necessary a Bernabeu stadium with a better environment. We are winning against Atletico 2-0 and fans are too calm, the players deserve a little better. I cannot ask that Bernabeu is the same as San Siro, but it should have a hotter environment," he said. Photo: Getty Images
- After Sporting de Gijón lost a game against Barcelona, Mourinho criticized Gijon coach Manuel Preciado and said he was trying to favour Barcelona. Preciado replied saying Mourinho was a skunk. Both coaches later made peace and became friends. Photo: Getty Images
- During a group stage match against Ajax and already qualified to the knockout stage, Mourinho adviced Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso to get carded on purpose to erase the cumulative yellows for the knockout stage. UEFA fined Real Madrid with 20 thousand euros and Mourinho with 10 thousand. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho constanly complained to La Liga saying they tried to favor Barcelona with a better calendar to make them champions. "They want to finish the league next week," he said once. Photo: Getty Images
- His claims also went to UEFA and accused the organization of favoring Barcelona with the refereing during the Semifinal matches bewtween both teams where defender Pepe was expelled and Real Madrid ened being eliminated. Photo: Getty Images
- One of Mourinho's biggest wins in Madrid was the exit of Jorge Valdano from the sports director position. President Florentino Pérez eliminated that position in the club's structure and gave total control of the team to Mourinho. Photo: Getty Images
- One of the most talked about incidents happened when Mourinho poked then assistan coach Tito Vilanova in the eye, during a scuffle in Spanish Supercup final. Later in press conference, Mourinho said he didn't know any 'Pito' Vilanova. Photo: Getty Images
- At the beginning of the 2012 season, Mourinho doubted Sergio Ramos profesionalism and accused him of not being 100 per cent in his job due to his actions outside soccer which is rumored to have created a tension with the squad. After being benched Sergio Ramos commented: "I don;t know if it was a punishment or tactical matter, he question is not for me. I can only say that family matters I solve them behind closed doors." Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho has been in a permanent conflict with Madrid's youth team coach Alberto Toril. "He must decide if it's more important to be in fourth place in second division or help us. There are players who play in positions that don't exist in the first team," Mourinho complained after reminding that the first team and the youth teams don't have similar styles. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho touched Real Madrid's most sensitive fiber after benching captain and icon Iker Casillas as a technical decision. Fans completely opposed to Mourinho's decision. The Portuguese argued that Casillas has ben in a comfort zone and that needed to recover his ambition. It has been rumored Mourinho's has taken this decision with the purpose of getting fired. Photo: Getty Images