Jose Mourinho was not very friendly during the press conference ahead of Real Madrid’s game vs Levante. He refused to answer certain questions and gave short phrases to other ones. One of those was when asked about Benzema’s comments saying he was spendind too much time on the bench. “I spend 90 minutes on the bench,” was Mourinho’s short and dry answer.
Mourinho has not won yet in a league match at Levante Stadium, which he said "is difficult for everyone." "It's not hard just for us, if a stadium was easier for everyone and difficult for Real Madrid it would be a case, but it is difficult for everyone. They have not lost (at home) for a lot of time, their last defeat at home I remember how it was, "the Portuguese manager said, referring to the victory of Barcelona in Valencia City last season.
Mourinho once again looked uncomfortable when he was asked about Kaká and his playing time: "He Helps the team when he’s on the pitch. If he was a left back he would have already played many matches, but he is a playmaker. When he was playing more then you asked me about Özil. Now that he is playing more and playing well, then you ask me about Kaká,” he said.
The ‘Special One’ refused to answer questions about Croatian Luka Modric. He said he preferred to talk about Michael Essien, but nobody asked him about the Ghanaian. Then he was asked about Higuaín’s injury and why he was not substituted after the first half of the match against Borussia Dortmund. "Your question doesn’t even deserve an answer,” was his ugly response.
Finally, Mourinho hinted that he is not satisfied with the playing level of his team, but said that the analysis would be done at the end of season. "The season ends in May, we’ll talk then. That’s when we’ll do a review of the season. I hope to play better than now,” Mourinho concluded.
- Besides being one of the most successful managers, Jose Mourinho is also known for his outsbursts, controversial statements about other managers, and occasional violent actions. Here are some of those moments: Photo: Especial Terra
- The most recent case with Brazilian midfielder Kaka, who has already declared war on Real Madrid, because he was kept off the first team squad. The feud has reached the point that the Brazilian categorizes Mourinho as "a bad person". Photo: AP
- Another of the most memorable outbursts was against Tito Vilanova, current coach of Barcelona, who Mourinho stuck a finger in the eye of during the final of the Supercopa of Spain, when Vilanova was assistant to Pep Guardiola. Vilanova forgave him, but the ex-Catalan president, Joan Laporta, considereded him a traitor for having attacked from behind. Photo: Reproducción
- But Mourinho's controversial statements are nothing new, as demonstrated when his resume was criticized and he said, 'I have no resume? Who won the Champions League? It was me (with Porto). I am The Special One.' Photo: Getty Images
- In 2006, when Mourinho was the manager at Chelsea, he said that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was too concerned with Chelsea. 'I think Wenger is a voyeur, he only talks about Chelsea,' Mourinho said. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho also said that Manchester United benefitted vfrom arbitration. Ferguson responded: 'I think Mourinho should sew his mouth shut.' The two later made peace. Photo: Getty Images
- Another manager Mourinho had problems with was Rafa Benitez, who when he succeeded him at Inter, the Portuguese said: 'I thought he was going to thank me for the title I gave him,' referring to the Champions League. Photo: Getty Images
- As the manager at Real Madrid, he accused Sporting Gijon of losing a match purposely to Barcelona. Gijón's manager, Manolo Preciado (pictured), said that Mourinho was a scoundrel and a bad person.' Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho's also had problems with the Barcelona players. When coaching at Chelsea, he gave Carles Puyol a 'friendly' slap in the face. Photo: Getty Images
- Of course, Pep guardiola has also been a target of Mourinho's comments. When Barca won its first Champions League title under Pep Guardiola, Mourinho credited the referees, saying, 'He won a Champions League title I would have been ashamed to win.' Photo: Getty Images