Santos star Neymar gave an interview to TV show 'Esporte Spectacular' of Globoesporte network in Brazil where he praised Barcelona idols, Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernández and André Iniesta.
"I have a dream of playing in Europe. Who would not want to play alongside Messi, Iniesta and Xavi? There are great players at Barça, Madrid, and Chelsea ... These are great clubs that I've been watching since I was a child with great players whom I have used while playing videogames,¨Neymar said.
The Brazilian star was asked (again) about his near future and a possible move to Barcelona, but Neymar did not give a concrete answer, as he has done before: "No one knows what will happen tomorrow. It´s hard to say what will you do or where will you go. Now I have in my head to fulfill my contract at Santos," he said.
The Santos idol had said on Sunday that "Barcelona is the team I like to watch the most" which could be interpreted as a sign of his future.
Barcelona’s topic continued as Neymar was asked if he would adapt to Barcelona’s playing style but the striker eluded the question in a diplomatic way: "I don’t know. I’m completely focused on Santos. My head is not thinking about Europe. Some days I play better and others I play worse. Nobody deserves a '10 'in every game. If I had to be apologizing, I'd go crazy, "he said.
Neymar acknowledged there have been contacts with several clubs but he has not spoken directly with them, being his father the person in charge. “There are clubs that have been in contact with my father,” the 21-year old says. However he insists that he is "focused" only in soccer. "Speculation is normal but I want to make clear that right now I'm happy at Santos," he added.
- This is one of the most popular manipulated pictures of Neymar in a Barcelona jersey. Not bad for a fake pic! Photo: Internet
- Palco Deportivo showed an image of Neymar holding a Barcelona shirt. Not real, for the record. Photo: Palco Catolico
- Notichampions made their own pic of Neymar with Barcelona jersey. Photo: Notichampions
- Barca Blog chimes in as well. Photo: Barca Blog
- Future teammates? In Brazil they definitely think so. Photo: Getty