Citing sources in Italy, Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo says Real Madrid would be offering 56 million euros ($US 75 million) for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
If The ‘White’ club acquires the Uruguayan star, the move would be one of the top transfers in the summer, challenging the possible exit of Colombian Falcao from Atletico de Madrid who has a buying clause of 60 million euros.
The offer however, is lower than what the Italian club has in Cavani’s buying clause which is 63 million euros. To its advantage, Real Madrid has the player’s predisposition to go to Spain as he would see the transfer as very positive.
Cavani, who has scored an impressive 27 goals in 28 matches in all competitions this season, has reportedly also in Paris Saint-Germain agenda, but the ‘Merengues’ appear to have the advantage for now.
- Real Madrid is one of the richest clubs in the world. The Merengues have 4 of the top 5 most expensive transfers in soccer history. Let's check Madrid's top 10 biggest transfers in club´s history Photo: Getty Images
- 10. Xabi Alonso was acquired from Liverpool in 2009 for 30 million euros. He has been one of Madrid´s most consistent players since then, being the first choice for the midfield. Photo: EFE
- 9. Then 20-year-old Nicolas Anelka moved from Arsenal to Real Madrid in 1999 for an estimated 35 million euros. The Frenchman only lasted 1 season after problems with coach Vicente del Bosque. Photo: Getty Images
- 8. David Beckham was the new addition to the 'Galacticos' in 2003 for 35 million euros coming from Manchester United. He played for four years before moving to MLS. Photo: Getty images
- 7. French striker Karim Benzema was transferred from Lyon in 2009 for 35 million euros plus incentives for 6 million. Although his perfomance has been good, he shares Madrid's attack with Gonzalo Higuain. Photo: Gety Images
- 6. Luka Modric signed a five year agreement after Tottenham and Real Madrid came to terms for the Croatian playmaker. The price is reportedly to be 35 million euros plus 7 million in add-ons depending on his perfomance. Photo: EFE
- 5. Ronaldo Nazario arrived in Madrid in 2002 from Inter for 46 million euros. 'O Fenomeno' stayed for four and half seasons until he moved to Italian giants AC Milan after issues with coach Fabio Capello. Photo: AP
- 4. In one of the most controversial transfers in Spanish soccer history. Luis Figo joined Real Madrid from archrivals Barcelona for 60 million euros in 2000. Figo's signing marked the start of the 'Galacticos' era at Madrid. Photo: Getty Images
- 3. In 2009 Kaká moved from Milan to Madrid after president Florentino Pérez started his second term and spent the biggest amount of money ever during a transfer window. The Brazilian has not been able to shine in three seasons at Madrid due mainly to injuries. Photo: Getty Images
- 2. Zinedine Zidane joined Real Madrid from Juventus for a then record 76 million euros in 2001. He would enjoy great succes with the club, winning La Liga and the UEFA Champions League. Photo: Getty Images
- 1. After years of chasing him, Real Madrid was finally able to sign Cristiano Ronaldo for 94 million euros in 2009, which makes him the biggest transfer ever in soccer history. Entering his fourth season, Ronaldo´s perfomance has made him worth the money paid. Photo: Getty Images