The relationship between Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos and manager José Mourinho has become nonexistent, revealed journalist Alfredo Duro in the Spanish TV show Punto Pelota this Thursday.
Duro also said that if the relationship doesn’t improve at the end of the season, either Sergio Ramos or Mourinho will leave the club.
“Everything is related to what’s been happening lately… There is no credibility between player and coach,” Duro said. The Spanish journalist also mentioned that the Portuguese manager gives special treatment to certain players: “there is different treatmentin the locker room. There is a distinction between the Portuguese clan, players close to Moruinho and players isolated like Sergio Ramos,” he added.
Diego Torres of Spanish daily El Pais had also reported that Mourinho and Sergio Ramos had a not very friendly exchange of words at a meeting between Mourinho and the squad the day after Real Madrid’s loss vs Getafe.
- Besides being one of the most successful managers, Jose Mourinho is also known for his outsbursts, controversial statements about other managers, and occasional violent actions. Here are some of those moments: Photo: Especial Terra
- The most recent case with Brazilian midfielder Kaka, who has already declared war on Real Madrid, because he was kept off the first team squad. The feud has reached the point that the Brazilian categorizes Mourinho as "a bad person". Photo: AP
- Another of the most memorable outbursts was against Tito Vilanova, current coach of Barcelona, who Mourinho stuck a finger in the eye of during the final of the Supercopa of Spain, when Vilanova was assistant to Pep Guardiola. Vilanova forgave him, but the ex-Catalan president, Joan Laporta, considereded him a traitor for having attacked from behind. Photo: Reproducción
- But Mourinho's controversial statements are nothing new, as demonstrated when his resume was criticized and he said, 'I have no resume? Who won the Champions League? It was me (with Porto). I am The Special One.' Photo: Getty Images
- In 2006, when Mourinho was the manager at Chelsea, he said that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was too concerned with Chelsea. 'I think Wenger is a voyeur, he only talks about Chelsea,' Mourinho said. Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho also said that Manchester United benefitted vfrom arbitration. Ferguson responded: 'I think Mourinho should sew his mouth shut.' The two later made peace. Photo: Getty Images
- Another manager Mourinho had problems with was Rafa Benitez, who when he succeeded him at Inter, the Portuguese said: 'I thought he was going to thank me for the title I gave him,' referring to the Champions League. Photo: Getty Images
- As the manager at Real Madrid, he accused Sporting Gijon of losing a match purposely to Barcelona. Gijón's manager, Manolo Preciado (pictured), said that Mourinho was a scoundrel and a bad person.' Photo: Getty Images
- Mourinho's also had problems with the Barcelona players. When coaching at Chelsea, he gave Carles Puyol a 'friendly' slap in the face. Photo: Getty Images
- Of course, Pep guardiola has also been a target of Mourinho's comments. When Barca won its first Champions League title under Pep Guardiola, Mourinho credited the referees, saying, 'He won a Champions League title I would have been ashamed to win.' Photo: Getty Images