Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has parting advice for Mario Balotelli: Take full advantage of this chance at AC Milan.
Mancini tells Italian state radio that "Mario is a great kid, he just needs to understand how lucky he is to know how to play football, because a footballer's life passes in a hurry. Just think about (former Brazil and Inter Milan striker) Adriano — he was the best player in the world, then in no time he disappeared."
Balotelli left City this week for Milan and a 4 1/2-year deal. He was due to be presented by Milan late Friday.
Mancini adds that he would have been happy if Balotelli stayed "but the decision was solely his and I think he's happy to be back in Italy."
- The recent brwawl between Mario Balotelli and Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini is the latest incident in which the Italian striker gets involved. At just 22 years old, Balotelli has a long history of incidents, fights, sex scandals, etc. The following are Super Mario's most scandalous episodes. Photo: Especial
- TO JAIL. But he was not arrested. In June 2010, after the World Cup, Mario entered without permission to a women's detention facility in Brescia driving his Mercedes Cabrio next to his 17-year old brother Enock. A cop said Balotelli and his brother saw the door open and thought they could enter without needing a permission. Balotelli was sorry saying he knew it was wrong but they only wanted to check out the girls. Photo: Getty Images
- ROSSONERO. In March 2010, during an Italian TV show, while playing for Inter, Super Mario accepted he had been a Milan fan since he was a child and wore the Rossoneri jersey during the show. Since then he was not included in the available squad of Inter. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- CONTROVERSIAL. After Inter beat Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League semifinal, Balotelli took his jersey off, threw it to the ground and insulted the fans. Jose Mourinho did not like Balotelli's gesture and took him out of the first team. Photo: Getty Images
- PARTY BOY. Several times paparazzi have caught Balotelli leaving night clubs. One of most talked about was on March 2012, 48 hours before a Premier League game, and it was rumored he was hanging out with a dancer of the club. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- FIRE FIGHTER. In October 2011, he threw a party at his house, a couple days before the game against Manchester United. The problem started when he ignited fireworks in the bathroom, which started a fire and he had to call the fire fighters. When Mario was outside his house during the fire, he rushed back into it to recover some money and a suitcase. He ended up staying at a hotel. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- ELECTRÓNICS. In September 2011 during Euro qi=ualifying match between Italy and Feroe Islands. Balotelli started playing with his ipad while he was on the bench. This incident was highly criticized in Italy due to the lack of interest he showed for the match. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- AGRESSIVE. In January 2012, he stepped on the head of Tottenham player Scott Parker, which caused him to be suspended for four matches and a big cash fine by Manchester City. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- MAFIA BOY. In June 2011, another scandal broke in Italy after a newspaper revealed that Balotelli had been photgraphed along with two mafia bosses at Napoli's neighborhood of Scampia. It was Salvatore Silvestri and Biagio Esposito who gave the player a tour including their regular movements in the city. Photo: Getty Images
- DO NOT PARK. Soon after his move to Manchester, Balotelli caught the attention of media after crashing his car just two weeks after arriving. But , British tabloid The Sun then revealed that the striker had accumulated parking fines for over 11 thousand pounds. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- PLAYBOY. While Balotelli's then girlfriend Rafaella Fico was in Italy for work, he was seen with adult actress Holly Henderson outside of a Marriott hotel in Manchester. He was also linked former miss Italy Emilia Melissa Castagnoli, Playboy playmate Sophie Reade, and with model Faye Evette. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- NIGH OWL. In May 2012, Balotelli threw a party with four escorts, which lasted about hours. The party happened the day before his club had a crucial title match which in the end the team won. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- TORMENTED RELATIONSHIP. Balotelli has had a rocky relationship with Italian model and TV presenter Raffaella Fico. They have accused each other of cheating, and have resumed their relationship several times. Fico surprised everybody includins Balotelli when she announced her pregnacy. Mario doubted of his paternity and demanded a DNA test. Fico's daughter Pia was born in December 2012 and Balotelli was not present at any time during Fico's pregnancy. Photo: Tomada de Internet
- PLAYFUL. Balotelli was seen throwing darts to the Manchester City youth team players because he was bored. One more controversy for the Italian. Photo: Getty Images
- FIGHTER. Balotelli's latest incident was in January 2013 when he did a very hard tackle of teammate Gael Clichy during training. The incident made coach Roberto Mancini go nuts and went to confront Balotelli and pulled his jersey. They had to be seprated before things turned worse. Photo: Cortesía Daily Mail