Alexandre was officially unveiled as new Barcelona player on Monday after passing his medical test and haved signed a five-year contract with the Blaugranas.
Barcelona’s doctor Ricardo Pruna told the club's official website: “His body fat percentage is extremely low and he has good muscle quality. I don’t think he’s had muscle injuries since he was 17, and that’s really good news. He passed all the tests and he’s at the manager’s disposition.”
The Cameroon international becomes the second signing for Barca during the offseason after Jordi Alba was acquired from Valencia at the beginning of the summer.
Song adds to a long list of players who have moved from Arsenal to Barcelona in recent years: Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petis, Giovanni van Bronckhorst , Alexandre Hleb, Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas have all moved from the Gunners to the Cules.
"Today is a very good day for me and my family. Very happy to be here, this is the best team in the world, playing at a club like Barça is something I wanted when I was young,” Song said.
- Alex Song was officially introduced as a memeber of FC Barcelona Monday. Photo: Getty Images
- Song was only Barcelona's second signing after Jordi Alba.
- The contract was officially signed Monday, in the office of president Sandro Rosell. Photo: Getty Images
- The official media presentation will be Tuesday at noon in Barcelona.
- Song offers a wave to his supporters at his new club. Photo: Getty Images
- Barca paid 19 million Euros over the next five years for Song.