- Brazilian Renan Barao won a unanimous decision over Urijah Faber in the main event of UFC 149 in Canada and kept the interim Bantamweight belt. Photo: AP
- Before a crowd of 20,000, the Brazilian obtained yet another belt for his country. Also in carioca hands are Jose Aldo's featherweight, Anderson Silva's middleweight and Junior Cigano with the heavyweight belt. Photo: AP
- It was a frenetic bout with Faber mostly on the attack, but Barao landed several shots that took their toll on his opponent little by little. Photo: AP
- Barao bet on the counterattack with good results, but Faber kept at it always trying to break the Brazilian's defense with punches and kicks. Photo: AP
- In the last round, Faber tried for a breakthrough by any means necessary, but Barao was already assured of victory and just needed to dodge blows and only attacked when prudent. Overall he was more precise with his strikes and took home a deserved win. Photo: AP
- The 25-year-old Brazilian must now wait for Dominick Cruz to recuperate so the two can fight for the undisputed crown in the bantamweight division. Photo: AP
- Barao took on the California Kid after Cruz, the current champion, suffered a knee injury. Cruz and Faber were set to continue with a third fight in what has become an epic matchup. Photo: AP
Brazilian Renan Barao won a unanimous decision over Urijah Faber in the main event of UFC 149 in Canada and kept the interim Bantamweight belt.